Basketweave Blanket Crochet Pattern
The Basketweave Blanket is a must make! With the right combination of front post and back post double crochet stitches, you can create this beautiful texture. For this pattern, I use a K (6.50mm) crochet hook, which allows you easily work around the posts of the stitch to quickly work up this pattern. You could make this blanket in any color scheme and the beautiful texture would shine through.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Grab your yarn, hooks and get ready to get hooked on the Basketweave Blanket!
Beanies that I Love!!
The Basketweave Blanket Crochet Pattern can be found in my pattern store as an ad free and beautifully formatted PDF.
- Get the ad-free, beautifully formatted, printable PDF from Ravelry.
- PIN the pattern to save for later on your Pinterest Boards Here!
- Yarn: Medium, Weight 4; Example made with I Love This Yarn (Turquoise)
- Hook: K (6.50mm)
- Tapestry Needle, Scissors and Measuring Tape
- Gauge: 12 Stitches and 6 Rows = 4”X4” (dc)
- These measurements are approximated, adjust hook accordingly. Measurements shown are without border, once the border is added, the measurement will increase about an inch each way.
- St/Sts: Stitch(es)
- Ch: Chain
- Dc: Double Crochet
- RS: Right Side
- FPDC (Front Post Double Crochet): Yarn over, insert hook under post of stitch (from right to left), yarn over & pull up a loop, yarn over & pull through 2 loops, yarn over & pull through the last 2 loops.
- BPDC (Back Post Double Crochet): Yarn over, insert hook from the back to front around post of stitch (from right to left), yarn over & pull up a loop, yarn over & pull through 2 loops, yarn over & pull through the last 2 loops.
- Chain 1 will not count as a stitch.
- This pattern starts with a foundation double crochet, I have a video tutorial that can help you get started. But, if you would prefer to start with a chain, see the row 1 alternative.
Chain 65 (113)
Row 1: 1 dc in 4th ch from hook, 1 dc in next ch and each ch across. – 63 (111)
Continue down to Row 2 below.
Row 1: (RS) Foundation Double Crochet 63 (111)
Row 2: Ch 1 and turn, 1 dc in same st, 1 fpdc next 2 sts, *1 bpdc next 3 sts, 1 fpdc next 3 sts; repeat from*, across. – 63 (111)
Repeat Row 2 until the blanket measures 34 (59) inches long, finish on the “RS” of the blanket, then continue to trim.
Rounds 1-2: Ch 1, 1 sc around the entire blanket, placing two sc in each corner, join.
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Need more inspiration?
A fun textured blanket to make is the Oliver Blanket! This blanket can be customized any way you like!