Basketweave Ear Warmer
Do you love crochet texture like I do? The Basketweave Ear Warmer is a quick crochet pattern to work up and guess what? It is full of texture! Texture, texture, texture! The texture is created using a combination of front post and back post stitches. This pattern may be found a little more experienced but don't worry you can work it up and even you are looking for a crochet challenge.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
It is time to get hooked on the Basketweave Ear Warmer!
Beanies that I Love!!
1. Vintage Ripple Beanie 2. Morgan Beanie 3. Jelly Bean Beanie
The Basketweave Ear Warmer Crochet Pattern can be found in my pattern store as an ad free and beautifully formatted PDF.
- Get the ad-free, beautifully formatted, printable PDF from Ravelry.
- PIN the pattern to save for later on your Pinterest Boards Here!
- Yarn: Medium, Weight 4; Example made with Yarn Bee Mimic (Gypsy)
- Hook: K (6.50mm)
- Tapestry Needle, Scissors and Measuring Tape
- Gauge: 14 Stitches and 8 Rows = 4”x4” (hdc)
- These measurements are approximated, measure head to get accurate sizing needed.
- St/Sts: Stitch(es)
- Sl St: Slip Stitch
- Ch: Chain
● FPDC (Front Post Double Crochet): Yarn over, insert hook under post of stitch, yarn over & pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through last 2 loops
● BPDC (Back Post Double Crochet): Yarn over, insert hook from the back to front around post of stitch, yarn over & pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through last 2 loops.
- Chain 1 will NOT count as a stitch.
- Joining: When ending the rounds, you will join with a slip stitch into the 1st stitch (not the chain 1).
- Foundation Double Crochet Video Tutorial
Basketweave Ear Warmer (Toddler, Child & Adult)
You Need Your K Hook and Your Yarn Color of Choice
Round 1: Double Crochet Foundation (54, 60, 66), join with a sl st into the 1st dc to make a circle.
Round 2: Ch 1, 1 fpdc in same st, 1 fpdc in next 2 dc, 1 bpdc in next 3 dc, *1 fpdc in next 3 dc, 1 bpdc in next 3 dc; repeat from*, join. - (54, 60, 66)
Round 3: Ch 1, 1 bpdc in same st, 1 bpdc in next 2 fpdc, 1 fpdc in next 3 bpdc, *1 bpdc in next 3 fpdc, 1 fpdc in next 3 bpdc; repeat from*, join. - (54, 60, 66)
Round 4: Ch 1, 1 fpdc in same st, 1 fpdc in next 2 bpdc, 1 bpdc in next 3 fpdc, *1 fpdc in next 3 bpdc, 1 bpdc in next 3 fpdc; repeat from*, join. - (54, 60, 66)
Repeat Rounds 3 & 4, until the ear warmer measures 4” for Toddler or 4.5” for Child and Adult.
Final Round: Sl st in next st and each st around, join.
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Need more inspiration?
A fun textured blanket to make is the Oliver Blanket! This blanket can be customized any way you like!