Sausage Cabbage Casserole
Welcome to the first recipe in the Sunday Recipes Series, get ready to try super delicious recipes and first up is the Sausage Cabbage Casserole. I love cooking for my family, but one of my favorite things is coming up with simply and or quick recipes. A lot of the recipes that I cook for my husband and kiddos are recipes that my husband ate growing up but I try to make them the way he remembered them but the I figure out a way to give it more flavor or a more simple way to make the dish. This recipes makes enough to feed my family of 5 and my husband usually has a large portion for leftovers the next day for lunch.
Don't forget to Pin for later!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
I love using my Pioneer Woman cookware in my kitchen, not only are they great to use but they are super pretty!
- 1.5 lbs of baby potatoes - red, yellow or a mix - Cut each potato into 4 quarters (The Little Potato Company Dynamic Duo is my favorite because you get both red and yellow potatoes)
- 14 oz Sausage - Sliced into 1/2 inch pieces (Slovacek's Garlic is our favorite because it has delicious flavor on it's own)
- Head of Cabbage - Torn into pieces
- 1.5 TBSP Season All
- 1 TBSP of Butter
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a skillet melt 1 tbsp of butter, add diced potatoes and 1/4 tbsp of Season All and mix together. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, cook the sausage for about 5 minutes or until the sausage is seared on both sides.
- In casserole dish, combine sausage, potatoes, cabbage and 1 tbsp Season All, then add 1 cup of water
- Place casserole dish in oven and cook for 20 minutes, stir and cook for another 20 minutes
- Then serve (I use a slotted spoon to dish up only the sausage, potatoes and cabbage, no water) and Enjoy!
Enjoy and until next week's Sunday Recipe!