Sophia Cowl Crochet Pattern
Cowls are a fabulous way to not only accessorize your outfit but also keep you warm on those chilly days and the Sophia Cowl is no exception. This cowl looks beautiful in any shade or color combination that you use to make it up. This design uses basic crochet stitches and then the front post double crochet stitch, which is what gives it that beautiful raised texture.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
So grab your yarn, hook and get ready to get hooked on the Sophia Cowl.
Beanies that I Love!!
The Sophia Cowl Crochet Pattern can be found in my pattern store as an ad free and beautifully formatted PDF.
- Get the ad-free, beautifully formatted, printable PDF from Ravelry.
- PIN the pattern to save for later on your Pinterest Boards Here!
- Yarn: Medium, Weight 4; Example made with Vanna’s Choice (Raspberry)
- Hook: K (6.50mm)
- Tapestry Needle, Scissors and Measuring Tape
- Gauge: 14 Stitches and 7 Rows = 4”x4” (dc)
- Child Size: 18 Inches Circumference 3 ½ Inches Tall
- Adult Size: 25 Inches Circumference 3 ½ Inches Tall
- St/Sts: Stitch(es)
- Ch: Chain
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Hdc: Half Double Crochet
- Dc: Double Crochet
- Tr: Treble Crochet
FPDC (Front Post Double Crochet): Yarn over, insert hook under the post of the stitch. Yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over and pull through last 2 loops.
- Chain 1 will not count as stitch.
- When joining in the round, you will join in the 1st st of the round.
You Need Your K Hook and Your Color Choice of Yarn.
Ch 60 (80), join to make a circle
Round 1: Ch 1, 1 dc in same st, 1 dc in next st and each st around, join. - 60 (80)
Rounds 2-9: Ch 1, 1 dc in same st, 1 fpdc in next st, *1 dc in next st, 1 fpdc in next st; repeat from*, join. - 60 (80)
Round 10: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, 0)
Finish off and weave in all ends.
Need more inspiration?
A fun textured blanket to make is the Oliver Blanket! This blanket can be customized any way you like!