Spiral Twist Cowl Crochet Pattern
Beautiful textured cowls are a fabulous way to accessorize your outfit and the Spiral Twist Cowl is a fabulous one to use. One of the many things that I love about crochet is the texture that can be created with a few advanced crochet stitches. Also don't forget that you can always add a simple furry trim to any design to give it a little more fun and pop. The Spiral Twist Cowl can be customized in any way you like and this beautiful texture will become addicting to make!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Get ready to get hooked on the Spiral Twist Cowl and all that fun it is to make!
Beanies that I Love!!
1. Vintage Ripple Beanie 2. Morgan Beanie 3. Jelly Bean Beanie
The Spiral Twist Cowl Crochet Pattern can be found in my pattern store as an ad free and beautifully formatted PDF.
- Get the ad-free, beautifully formatted, printable PDF from Ravelry.
- PIN the pattern to save for later on your Pinterest Boards Here!
• Yarn: Medium, Weight 4; Your Color Choice and Contrasting Yarn, Weight Your Choice. Example made with I Love This Yarn (Burnt Pumpkin) and Yarn Bee Riot Eyelash Sparkle (Champagne Spark)
• Hook: K (6.50mm)
• Tapestry Needle, Scissors and Measuring Tape
• Gauge: 12 Stitches and 10 Rows = 4”x4” (hdc)
• St/Sts: Stitch(es)
• Sl St: Slip Stitch
• Ch: Chain
• Sc: Single Crochet
• Hdc: Half Double Crochet
• Dc: Double Crochet
• Yo: Yarn Over
● FPDC (Front Post Double Crochet): YO, insert hook under post of stitch (from right to left), YO & pull up a loop, YO, pull through 2 loops, YO, pull through last 2 loops.
• Chain 1 will NOT count as a stitch on rounds 1-4.
• Ch 1 spaces will count as stitches when working the crisscrosses in Rounds 4 & 6.
• Joining: When ending the rounds, you will join with a slip stitch into the 1st st (not the chain 1).
Spiral Twist Cowl: (Circumference 33” and Height 17”)
Start with Medium Weight Yarn,
Ch 240, join to make a circle.
Round 1: Ch 1, 1 sc in same ch, 1 sc in next ch and each ch around, join. - 240
Rounds 2 & 3: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join. - 240
Round 4: Ch 1, skip this st and the next st, 1 dc in next st, ch 1, 1 dc in the same st as the ch 1, *skip next 2 sts, 1 dc in next st, ch 1, 1 dc back in first of 2 sts just skipped, repeat from*, do not join. - 240
You will now be working in continuous rounds!!!
Round 5: 1 sc in every st and each ch 1 space around, do NOT join. - 240
Round 6: *Skip next 2 sc, 1 dc in next st, ch 1, 1 fpdc around dc below first of 2 sc just skipped, repeat from*, do not join. - 240 Repeat Rounds 5 & 6 until the cowl measures 15” inches tall, then continue to finishing.
Round 1: Join, Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join. - 240 Rounds 2 & 3: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join. - 240
Add Contrasting Yarn
Rounds 4-6: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join. - 240
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Need more inspiration?
A fun textured blanket to make is the Oliver Blanket! This blanket can be customized any way you like!