Spiral Twist Cowl Crochet Pattern
Beautiful textured cowls are a fabulous way to accessorize your outfit and the Spiral Twist Cowl is a fabulous one to use. One of the many things that I love about crochet is the texture that can be created with a few advanced crochet stitches. Also don't forget that you can always add a simple furry trim to any design to give it a little more fun and pop. The Spiral Twist Cowl can be customized in any way you like and this beautiful texture will become addicting to make!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Get ready to get hooked on the Spiral Twist Cowl and all that fun it is to make!
Beanies that I Love!!
The Spiral Twist Cowl Crochet Pattern can be found in my pattern store as an ad free and beautifully formatted PDF.
- Get the ad-free, beautifully formatted, printable PDF from Ravelry.
- PIN the pattern to save for later on your Pinterest Boards Here!
• Yarn: Medium, Weight 4; Your Color Choice and Contrasting Yarn, Weight Your Choice. Example made with I Love This Yarn (Burnt Pumpkin) and Yarn Bee Riot Eyelash Sparkle (Champagne Spark)
• Hook: K (6.50mm)
• Tapestry Needle, Scissors and Measuring Tape
• Gauge: 12 Stitches and 10 Rows = 4”x4” (hdc)
• St/Sts: Stitch(es)
• Sl St: Slip Stitch
• Ch: Chain
• Sc: Single Crochet
• Hdc: Half Double Crochet
• Dc: Double Crochet
• Yo: Yarn Over
● FPDC (Front Post Double Crochet): YO, insert hook under post of stitch (from right to left), YO & pull up a loop, YO, pull through 2 loops, YO, pull through last 2 loops.
• Chain 1 will NOT count as a stitch on rounds 1-4.
• Ch 1 spaces will count as stitches when working the crisscrosses in Rounds 4 & 6.
• Joining: When ending the rounds, you will join with a slip stitch into the 1st st (not the chain 1).
Spiral Twist Cowl: (Circumference 33” and Height 17”)
Start with Medium Weight Yarn,
Ch 240, join to make a circle.
Round 1: Ch 1, 1 sc in same ch, 1 sc in next ch and each ch around, join. - 240
Rounds 2 & 3: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join. - 240
Round 4: Ch 1, skip this st and the next st, 1 dc in next st, ch 1, 1 dc in the same st as the ch 1, *skip next 2 sts, 1 dc in next st, ch 1, 1 dc back in first of 2 sts just skipped, repeat from*, do not join. - 240
You will now be working in continuous rounds!!!
Round 5: 1 sc in every st and each ch 1 space around, do NOT join. - 240
Round 6: *Skip next 2 sc, 1 dc in next st, ch 1, 1 fpdc around dc below first of 2 sc just skipped, repeat from*, do not join. - 240 Repeat Rounds 5 & 6 until the cowl measures 15” inches tall, then continue to finishing.
Round 1: Join, Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join. - 240 Rounds 2 & 3: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join. - 240
Add Contrasting Yarn
Rounds 4-6: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join. - 240
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Need more inspiration?
A fun textured blanket to make is the Oliver Blanket! This blanket can be customized any way you like!