Totally Toteable Tote Crochet Pattern
The Totally Toteable Tote is a gorgeous textured tote for everyday use from toting yarn (mine can hold 7 large skeins at a time to, carrying around your current projects or for everyday use! I don't know about you but I love totes, I think I have a tote for everything, especially when I travel. I like having a place for everything.
Disclaimer: This post contains affillate links.
This Totally Toteable Tote can easily be customized from yarn color choice to handles and even lining it with fabric to help the tote from stretching. These would be great to keep for yourself or gift!
Beanies that I Love!!!
The Totally Toteable Tote Crochet Pattern can be found in my pattern store as an ad free and beautifully formatted PDF.
- Get the ad-free, beautifully formatted, printable PDF from Ravelry.
- PIN the pattern to save for later on your Pinterest Boards Here!
- Yarn: Medium, Weight 4; Example made with I Love This Cotton (Mango 720 yds and White 25 yds)
- Hook: K (6.50mm)
- Tapestry Needle, Scissors, Measuring Tape and Stitch Marker
- Handles (with a ring used)
- Optional: ½ yd. of fabric, thread and sewing needle (or sewing machine)
- Gauge: 14 Stitches and 6 Rows = 4”x4” (dc)
- St/Sts: Stitch(es)
- Sl St: Slip Stitch
- Ch: Chain
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Hdc: Half Double Crochet
- Dc: Double Crochet
- FPDC (Front Post Double Crochet): Yarn over, insert hook under post of stitch (from right to left), yarn over & pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through last 2 loops.
- BPDC (Back Post Double Crochet): Yarn over, insert hook from the back to front around post of stitch (from right to left), yarn over & pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through last 2 loops.
- Crisscross: Skip the next stitch, 1 double crochet in the next stitch, go back (working in front of the double crochet just made) and 1 double crochet in the skipped stitch.
- Handle Crisscross (while adding the handles with a ring): Following the crisscross stitch instructions above, you can add the handles into the stitches of the bag through ring (store bought or crocheted handles). Each ring will have 2 stitches worked through it, for a total of 4 rings. To add the handles, you will work the last step of the 2 double crochets through the ring. For example: Yarn over, insert hook into stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through 2 loops, go through the ring, yarn over and pull through last two loops.
- Joining: You will be working in continuous rounds, I recommend using a stitch marker.
- Sample Shown is worked with two colors but the tote looks fabulous in any color scheme.
Totally Toteable Tote: (37 ½ Inches Circumference and 14 Inches Tall)
You Need Your K Hook and Your Two Yarn Colors of Choice
Tote Base (Make 2) Two Pieces sewn together: Width 15 ½” and Height is 4 ¾”
Row 1: Double Crochet Foundation 44
Row 2-7: Ch 3 (counts as a 1 dc) and turn, 1 dc in next st and each st across. – 44 dc
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Join the 2 bottom pieces together, placing the wrong sides facing each other and join together beginning with Round 1.
Round 1: Sc around all 4 sides, do not join. – 118 sc
Round 2: *1 sc in next st; repeat from*, do not join. – 118 sc
Round 3: 1 hdc in next st and each st around, do not join. - 118 hdc
Round 4: *1 fpdc next st, 1 bpdc next st; repeat from*, do not join. – 59 bpdc & 59 fpdc
Round 5-30: Repeat Rounds 3 & 4, ending on round 4
Round 31-36: 1 sc in next st and each st around, do not join. - 118 sc.
Note: You will be adding handles for Round 37
Round 37: 21 Crisscross, 1 handle crisscross, 5 crisscross, 1 handle crisscross, 22 crisscross, 1 handle crisscross, 5 crisscross, 1 handle crisscross, 2 crisscross – 118 dc
Join with Color 1
Rounds 38-43: 1 sc in next st and each st around, do not join. – 118 sc
Round 44: sl st in next st and each st around, join. – 118 slst
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Looking for more inspiration?
If you love texture and crochet, you need to make the Magnolia Blanket. I love the texture of this blanket and I think you will too!